I like how I managed to get the lines of this structure to continue in through their reflections on the windowpanes. I was trying to imitate the Atget storefront photographs, where he controls reflections on semitransparent surfaces to increase the apparent depth of his photographs. I also just enjoy looking at geometrical designs, for instance the way the curved lines in this shot part as you move out from the bottom left or clockwise from the top. With the flattening effect of the camera, I found I was able to add to this visual complexity by manipulating the way I framed the shot. Also, this isn’t really an image that the naked eye would rest on. You might catch a picture like this for a moment, glancing around, but fixing it in a frame allows you to let your eye travel along the lines without constantly distorting the image as a whole.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Curves and Crossings (4/38)
I like how I managed to get the lines of this structure to continue in through their reflections on the windowpanes. I was trying to imitate the Atget storefront photographs, where he controls reflections on semitransparent surfaces to increase the apparent depth of his photographs. I also just enjoy looking at geometrical designs, for instance the way the curved lines in this shot part as you move out from the bottom left or clockwise from the top. With the flattening effect of the camera, I found I was able to add to this visual complexity by manipulating the way I framed the shot. Also, this isn’t really an image that the naked eye would rest on. You might catch a picture like this for a moment, glancing around, but fixing it in a frame allows you to let your eye travel along the lines without constantly distorting the image as a whole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment