Spatially, the interesting point here is that I’ve removed the context. You can see clearly the multiple layers of tags that accumulated on this wall, as one tagger after another tried to claim it. The freshness or vibrancy of the inks, the wet look they have, communicates how frequent and recently this wall was tagged. The taggers have made this wall their own, made it private, but by making my one picture out of it, I’m claiming the wall, too, in a way.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Poster (13/38)
Spatially, the interesting point here is that I’ve removed the context. You can see clearly the multiple layers of tags that accumulated on this wall, as one tagger after another tried to claim it. The freshness or vibrancy of the inks, the wet look they have, communicates how frequent and recently this wall was tagged. The taggers have made this wall their own, made it private, but by making my one picture out of it, I’m claiming the wall, too, in a way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment